Spirit of Arcadia Campaign & Project Update
As of May 2022.
$3,950,000: Total Cost of the Spirit of Arcadia Projects
This additional $250,000 is due to successful additional shoreline protection efforts that were done over the past year and a half to combat record lake levels. These efforts included:
- Small Pocket Beach Closing: Due to extreme erosion, we added rocks and sand to close up the small pocket beach in front of the Inn in the fall of 2019.
- Large Pocket Beach Reinforcement: We extended the large pocket beach’s back revetment near the Chapel on the Beach and the wood ramp and steps to meet up with the north and south ends of the breakwaters. This was also done in the fall of 2019 and has successfully protected the Chapel and the steps.
- Boardwalk Area Repairs: The erosive effect of waves topping the boardwalk had caused erosion underneath it and along the eastern and southern edges. We have installed smaller rocks on the eastern edge of the boardwalk and created dams of rocks and a sheet pile barrier along the boardwalk area to prevent water from flowing south and causing erosion. Completed in the fall of 2019 these installations have been successful in stopping the significant erosion.
We give thanks to God for the success of the beach project and appreciate all of the donors and volunteers that have made it possible. Your support has saved Camp Arcadia! If we had not done the shoreline protection projects we would have most certainly lost our shoreline and our buildings. You were there for us when it was needed most. Over the past three years, your gifts have transformed Camp’s shoreline, protected it’s buildings from beach erosion, created a beach to use even in record lake levels, and have significantly increased the areas to enjoy the lake. Your support has also allowed us to make much needed building improvements. Thank you for saving Camp Arcadia and making it better so more people can come to be renewed in spirit, mind, and body.
Shoreline Stabilized & Buildings Protected
- New Seawall & Railing
- Rock Walls & Revetments
- Closed up the small pocket beach
- Reinforced the large pocket beach by extending the back revetment
- Reinforced the boardwalk area to prevent erosion from waves topping the railing
- Pocket Beach
- Wood Decks & Concrete Walkways
- Campfire Area
- Remove, Replace, & Raise Patio
- New Seating Areas on Patio
- Inn East Addition – Kitchen
- Enlarged 8 Inn Rooms to fit larger families
- Two universally Accessible Rooms with Private Bathrooms on 1st Floor
- Enclosed North Inn Stairs
- Inn Ventilation System
- Re-roof Inn
- Renovated Laundry Room
Caretaker’s Storage Barn
Don’t forget to make a gift to the 2022 Annual Campaign!
This year’s goal is $400,000. It is important that we continue to fully fund the Annual Campaign. Camp Arcadia relies on your gifts to the Annual Campaign to fund financial scholarships, make improvements to our program and grounds, hire outstanding staff, and continue to provide a life-changing experience for our guests. The difference in registration revenue and the total cost to operate our much-loved programs is covered by your gifts. As a result, your donations help keep your registration rates affordable and allow Camp’s ministry to continue to thrive. Also, by giving to the Annual Campaign you will ensure that Camp has the resources to continue to respond to future crises and ministry opportunities.
There are three easy ways for you to donate to the Annual Campaign:
- Print and mail a Camp Arcadia Donor Form
- Considering becoming a monthly donor.
- Call the office (231) 889-4361
- Donate online with the link below:
Comments? Questions? Feedback?
Contact Camp Arcadia Executive Director Chip May at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 5 days for a response.