Registering for Camp Arcadia is an easy process!
Depending on which retreat you wish to attend, there may be many others also trying to register. Generally, the weeks with the greatest demand for space are the Family Weeks, especially those in July and early August. Due to the high volume of requests for these retreats, Camp Arcadia conducts a registration drawing. Please note that this year the registration drawing process will be different than in past years. We will be accepting LCA member and non-member registrations at the same time but will continue to give priority registration to LCA families. We will fill our housing for Family Weeks with LCA members up to 75%. To enter the registration drawing for one of these retreats, either submit your registration online or postmark your paper registration no later than December 20, 2019. December 20th is the deadline to participate in this drawing.
The priority date for submitting registrations via online or in the mail will be December 20th, 2019.
You can submit your registration form online by visiting camp-arcadia.com, or you may mail in a paper registration as detailed below.
To submit a paper registration, simply complete the enclosed registration form and return it to the Camp office with your deposit.
Please send forms in one of the following ways:
- by mail: PO Box 229, Arcadia, MI 49613
- in-person at the Camp office
Camp Arcadia does not accept registration forms via fax, email, or text.
The registration form included with this brochure may be used to register for any Camp retreat (excluding Fall Confirmation Retreats). For the following retreats, use one form per household: Family Weeks, Summer Starter, Lutherhostel and Labor Day Weekend. For the following retreats, use one form per person: Teen Retreats, Men’s Retreats, and Women’s Retreats.
LCA Membership Priority Registration
As a member of the Lutheran Camp Association (LCA) one of the privileges is priority registration. We will continue to give priority registration to LCA families. We will fill our housing for Family Weeks with LCA members up to 75%. Your LCA membership does not guarantee your family getting into Camp Arcadia. We will be offering a “Golden Ticket” to any family that submits there registration for Camp by the priority date and they do not get into Camp during our registration process. This “Golden Ticket” will allow then to sign up for their family the next season for their retreat of choice.
Participation in this registration drawing does not guarantee that you will be registered for a retreat. We try our best to accommodate as many guests as possible.
We will email you the results of your registration request by January 31, 2020. If you got in, your deposit will be processed. If you did not get in, you will be placed on a waitlist and your deposit will not be processed.
SENDING FORMS AFTER December 20, 2019
All registration requests postmarked after December 20, 2019, will be handled in the order they are received. If all the retreats on your request form are full, we will not process your deposit and we will place you on the waitlist. Depending on the volume of requests we receive we expect to notify you about your status within 7-10 business days beginning after January 31st, 2020.
Guests who are not accommodated through the registration process will be placed on wait lists for all retreats listed under “retreat preferences” on the registration form. To ensure your security, we will not retain your deposit payment information if you are put on a waiting list. Upon being placed into a retreat the full deposit amount is required.
GROUP RESERVATIONS DURING FAMILY WEEKS
Multi-family groups are welcome to register together for family weeks. Groups of up to 30 people from more than one mailing address wishing to attend the same week are what we consider “Group Reservations.” To make a Group Reservation, either enclose all registration forms together in one envelope and mail them together or send separately indicating the group contact on the registration form and submit (online or mail) by the deadline date. The group contact person should be the same person on all forms for the group. This person will act as liaison between the Camp Office and the members of the group in the event that Camp Arcadia needs to coordinate with the group. Group Reservations are most easily accommodated in the weeks earlier or later in the summer. If LCA members are wanting to submit a group reservation all families included in the group reservation will need to be LCA members.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- To increase the likelihood of getting into Camp Arcadia for a Family Week, please provide multiple options in the Retreat Preference section of your registration form.
- Confirmation letters will be sent via email when possible. Please provide your email address on the registration form.
- Vacation rates are for the entire retreat. Late arrivals, early departures, or missed meals do not reduce the cost.
- During Family Weeks and Labor Day Weekend, teens 15 years and older are housed with other teens as space allows or unless parents request otherwise. Males are in the Assembly dorm and females are in Inn rooms.
- Room assignments are made according to your needs; we make every effort to ensure your comfort and grant your preference. Consideration is given to the number of people in your party, bed space and health needs.
- Check-in time is after 4:00 p.m. on the arrival date.
- Check-out time is before 10:00 a.m. on the departure date, unless otherwise specified. Your confirmation letter may contain additional details.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES TO RESERVATIONS
Please notify the camp office immediately of any changes or cancellations.
Cancellation Policy for May—August retreats:
- Cancellations before March 15: full deposit refunded
- Cancellations after March 15: $50 cancellation fee
- Cancellation after May 15: cancellation fee equal to full minimum deposit.
Cancellation Policy for September—October retreats: • Cancellations before August 1: full deposit refunded • Cancellations after August 1: cancellation fee is equal to the full minimum deposit
- Cancellations for Fall Confirmation – Please Contact Office
If it is difficult for you to afford a vacation at Camp Arcadia, we have a Scholarship Fund available that may reduce your fee by up to 50%. To receive an application, contact the Camp Office or download one here.