See the 2023 Camp Arcadia schedule.
How to Register for Camp Arcadia
Registration for Camp Arcadia’s 2023 Season opens on December 1, 2022. To register, you must complete and submit your registration form either online or by returning your paper registration form (linked above) to Camp Arcadia.
There are three ways you may submit your registration form:
- You can submit your registration form online by visiting camp-arcadia.com.
- You can send your completed paper registration form via mail to PO Box 229, Arcadia, MI 49613.
- You can return your paper registration form to the Camp Arcadia office in-person.
All retreats are filled on a first come, first served basis, with the exception of Camp Arcadia’s Family Week Retreats. Camp Arcadia does not accept registration forms via fax, email or text. The priority registration deadline is January 6, 2023.
Each year, many of the Family Week Retreats are filled to maximum capacity with a waitlist of families hoping to secure their spot. Due to the high volume of requests for these retreats, Camp Arcadia conducts Family Week Retreat registration as a drawing. Please see the section below for more details. (Note: generally, Family Week Retreats in July and early August are in highest demand.)
Note: The paper registration form included with this brochure may be used to register for any Camp retreat with the exclusion of Fall Confirmation Retreats. To register for Family Weeks, Summer Starter, Lutherhostel and Labor Day Weekend, use one form per household. For Teen Retreats, Men’s Retreats and Women’s Retreats, please use one form per person.
The Drawing for Family Week Retreats
When registration opens on December 1, 2022, both LCA member and non-member registration forms for Camp Arcadia’s Family Week Retreats will be accepted, but LCA members are given priority within the drawing process. Only registration forms submitted and/or postmarked by the priority deadline, January 6, 2023, will be included in the drawing.
After we have received all registrations sent by the priority deadline of January 6, we fill each Family Week Retreat to 75% capacity with LCA members before we return to fill remaining spots.
We will email you the results of your registration request by February 3rd, 2023. If you get in, your deposit will be processed. If you do not get in, you will be placed on a waitlist and your deposit will not be processed.
Participation in this registration drawing does not guarantee that you will be registered for a retreat at Camp Arcadia. We try our best to accommodate as many guests as possible.
LCA Membership and Priority Registration
One of the perks of Lutheran Camp Association (LCA) membership is priority registration. However, your membership does not guarantee that your family will get into a retreat at Camp Arcadia.
Sending Forms After January 6, 2023
All registration requests submitted online or postmarked after January 6, 2023 will be processed in the order that they are received. If all the retreats on your registration form are full, we will not process your deposit and will place you on the waitlist. Depending on the volume of registrations we receive, we expect to notify you about your status within 7-10 business days after February 3, 2023 or after you submit your registration form (if after February 3).
Guests who are not accommodated through the registration process will be placed on waitlists for all retreats listed under “retreat preferences” on their submitted registration form. To ensure the security of your financial information, we will not retain your deposit payment information if you are put on a waitlist. Upon being moved off of the waitlist and into a retreat, we will call to collect payment information for the full deposit amount to be paid at that time.
Group Reservations During Family Weeks
Multi-family groups are welcome to register together for Family Week Retreats. Groups of up to 30 people from more than one mailing address wishing to attend the same week are considered “Group Reservations.” To make a Group Reservation, follow the following steps.
- Select a Group Contact Person. This person will act as liaison and coordinator between the Camp Office and the members of the group.
- Submit your registrations by the priority deadline (January 6, 2023) as follows: either enclose all registration forms together in one envelope and mail them together OR submit separately, indicating the Group Contact Person on each registration form (either by mail or online). Please note that the Group Contact Person should be the same person on all forms for the group.
Group Reservations are most easily accommodated in the weeks earlier or later in the summer. If LCA members wish to submit a group reservation, all families included in the group reservation must be LCA members to receive the LCA membership priority registration.
Additional Important Information
- To increase the likelihood of getting into Camp Arcadia for a Family Week Retreat, please provide multiple options in the Retreat Preference section of your registration form.
- Confirmation emails will be sent when possible, so please include a working email address on your registration form.
- Vacation rates are for the entire retreat. Late arrivals, early departures or missed meals do not reduce the cost.
- During Family Week Retreats and Labor Day Retreat, teens 15 years and older will be housed with other teens as space allows, unless parents request otherwise. Males are usually housed in the Assembly dorm, and females are housed in Inn rooms.
- Room assignments are made according to your needs; we make every effort to ensure your comfort and grant your preference. Consideration is given to the number of people in your party, bed space and health needs.
- Most retreats will run from Sunday afternoon through the next Saturday morning. Your confirmation letter will contain additional details on check-in and check-out times.
Cancellations & Changes to Reservations
Please notify the Camp Office immediately of any changes or cancellations.
Cancellation Policy for May – August Retreats:
- Cancellations before March 15: Your full deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellations between March 15 and May 15th: A $75 cancellation fee will be applied.
- Cancellations after May 15: The cancellation fee is equal to the full minimum deposit.
Cancellation Policy for September – October Retreats:
- Cancellations before August 1: Your full deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellation after August 1: The cancellation fee is equal to the full minimum deposit; your deposit can be transferred to another guest if housing allows.
- Cancellations for Fall Confirmation Retreats should contact the Camp Office.
We never want cost to be a prohibitive factor for families or individuals to attend Camp Arcadia. If it is difficult for you to afford to attend a retreat at Camp Arcadia, we have a Scholarship Fund available that could reduce your fees by up to 40%. Please complete and submit an application once registration is complete. To receive an application contact the Camp Office or download one from our website by visiting www.camp-arcadia.com/scholarships.