A special fundraising event is planned for Sunday, September 12, 2021 to raise funds for the support of Camp Arcadia’s Teen Week programs for 2022. The Alpha and Omega Teen weeks held at the beginning of each season at Camp Arcadia, led by Rev. Travis Hartjen and Rev. Bill Yonker, are very special weeks for students entering 8th through 12th grades. At the Camp Arcadia teen weeks, our ministry goal is to assist, encourage, and challenge teens – to live and grow as God’s people – in a Christian community.
STAN SCHEUMANN, the president of the Lutheran Camp Association for Camp Arcadia, will be doing a one-day 50 MILE WALKATHON as a fundraising event. He is asking for your financial and prayerful support for this event with 100% of the funds raised helping to support the Alpha and Omega weeks in 2022. This event is also being held to commemorate Camp’s 100th anniversary being celebrated in 2022.
Stan will be:
- Walking 50 consecutive miles around the track at Concordia Lutheran High School in Fort Wayne (his alma mater)
- Performing dumbbell exercises at the conclusion of each mile (250+ curls)
You may support this event by sponsoring Stan in his 50 mile journey with a financial gift for each of the 50 miles he completes.
- $10 per mile . . . . . $500.00 platinum supporter
- $7 per mile . . . . . $350.00 diamond supporter
- $5 per mile . . . . . $250.00 gold supporter
- $1 per mile . . . . . $50.00 silver supporter
- A gift of your choosing
“As parents, our prayer was that this week would be a week of deep spiritual growth for our son. It truly was that and so much more than we imagined.” – A Teen Week Parent
You may provide your gift to Camp Arcadia in one of the following ways:
- Go to www.camp-arcadia.com/giveonline-walkathon/ to make a direct online gift for this event.
- Make a check payable to Camp Arcadia and submit it to the Camp office by September 10, 2021 with a note or memo “RKD Walkathon for Teens.”
- Make a check payable to Camp Arcadia and mail it by September 2, 2021 to the Camp office at PO Box 229, Arcadia, MI, 49613.
Is. 40:30 & 31– Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
What are Camp Arcadia Teen Weeks? Check out the Alpha Week 2021 Highlight video below.