At the Camp Arcadia Fall Confirmation Retreats, our ministry goal is to assist, encourage, and challenge teens – to live and grow as God’s people – in a Christian community.
Camp Arcadia has three Fall Confirmation Retreats for 2020.
- October 9-11 – with David Rufner & Jason Bauer
- October 16-18 – with Matt Hoffmann
- October 23-25 – with Scott Giger
View detailed information about each of these deans on the 2018 Camp Arcadia schedule.
Are you interested in the early summer Teen Retreats? Click here.
“I had a lot of fun at Bible study because we got to do a lot of skits, which turned out to be very funny. My favorite part about Camp has to be Vespers!!! I got to sing with a lot of other people who enjoyed singing too.”
“I loved our dining room server. The whole staff has an awesome sense of humor and is so nice to everyone.”
“As parents our prayer was that this week would be a week of deep spiritual growth for our son. It truly was that and so much more than we imagined.” – parent of teen week guest
Confirmands in 7th or 8th grade, along with their pastor, will spend the weekend engaged in meaningful study, group discussion, group-building and fun camp-wide activities. Allow Camp Arcadia to take care of the meals, lodging, meeting spaces, worship service, and activities. This weekend serves as a wonderful opportunity for pastors to connect individually with each student through a game of basketball, a strategic game of shuffleboard or simply enjoying an ice cream cone and a conversation in the Trading Post. Furthermore, the youth get to have a blast hanging out with friends while the same time meeting new friends.The schedule provides time to play, learn and worship together. In addition to large group study, there are several opportunities for church groups to spend time together to review the day’s lessons, cover new material, or just get to know each other better.
The retreat setting provides for unique learning experiences outside of the classroom that often lends to the nurturing of relationships between participants. Retreats also provide a safe and fun environment for youth to interact with their pastor and foster a healthy relationship. We look forward to serving you and your whole confirmation group during this fantastic retreat opportunity and we hope it will become a highlight of your confirmation curriculum.
How to Register
The Fall Confirmation Retreat is designed to be a group retreat. Therefore, registration will be handled through a Group Contact who will act as the main contact person for the group. Each group is responsible for bringing their own counselors (adult leaders) for this retreat.
To register for one of the Fall Confirmation Retreats, please follow these steps:
- Download and complete the 2020 Church Group Registration Form – coming soon
- Send the completed Church Group Registration form, along with the appropriate deposit for your group, to Camp Arcadia, P.O. BOX 229 Arcadia, MI 49613. The priority date for the retreat is May 1st. Registrations will be processed as they are received at Camp Arcadia on a first come first served basis.
- The group contact will receive a registration confirmation by email once the group has been successfully registered.
- The group contact will distribute the 2020 FCR Individual Registration Form collect them for both students and adult leaders and return to Camp Arcadia by September 1st.
- Group leaders, please download the Group Leader Information for additional information.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel on or before 2 weeks before the start of the retreat, your $50 deposit will be refunded. It can also be transferred to another camper or applied to your Church’s group balance. If you cancel after 2 weeks before the start of the retreat your deposit will not be refunded, but it can still be transferred to another camper of the same gender from your Church.
If you have any questions or for more information about the Fall Confirmation Retreat, please feel free to call the camp office at (231) 889-4361.